Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
AMILCAR MAGAZINE had the pleasure of covering the CASA PANERAI inauguration in Paris a few days ago.
After New York and Milan, we are pleased to announce the opening of the “CASA PANERAI” flagship (approximately 200 square meters) in Paris on the most beautiful avenue in the world at 120 Avenue des Champs-Elysées. This new Parisian boutique is a tribute to artisanal know-how promoting French baroque style, industrial modernity and Italian design.
Rachel Joulia-Helou, editor-in-chief AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP.
AMILCAR MAGAZINE had the pleasure of covering the CASA PANERAI inauguration on November 30, 2023 in Paris, at 120 Avenue des Champs-Elysées.
Inauguration photo credits: © Jean-Luc Ruffinel – AMILCAR MAGAZINE.
Panerai has inaugurated its new Casa Panerai in a historic building from the mid-19th century, located in the heart of Paris, at 120 avenue des Champs-Élysées.
Photos of the event: Jean-Luc Ruffinel for AMILCAR MAGAZINE.
Inspired by both elements of the French baroque style and the clean lines typical of Italian design, this new boutique enhances the emblematic charm of the City of Lights with its restored moldings and its typically Parisian facade, preserving the spirit of the details original architectural features.
“Paris, one of the most vibrant cities in the world, provides the ideal setting for Panerai’s rich heritage and perpetual quest for innovation. Here centuries of history and modern dynamism naturally coexist, just like our brand. This boutique is a journey, a convergence of several stylistic eras, a tribute to centuries-old know-how. The Panerai boutique in Paris invites its visitors into a space where each element tells a new chapter in a timeless story. Our presence in this location reaffirms our desire to bring the Panerai experience to key locations around the world,” explains Jean-Marc Pontroué, CEO of Panerai.
This project was driven by a deep respect for craftsmanship, a commitment that shines through in every aspect of the store’s layout. Panerai’s creative department took the reins of organizing and carrying out the work, devoting itself entirely to this renovation with strength, detail and application.
This Parisian boutique, the largest in France, occupies an area of 200 square meters. Its design is not akin to a traditional renovation but to a real restoration. Enlarged and magnified, the space has been designed in perfect harmony with its illustrious past.
Offering two distinct facets, it celebrates its classic origins and also brings an industrial and modern touch, articulating a symbiosis between past and present. The design team imagined much more than a boutique: it is the home for our customers, and for those who want to know more about Panerai.
We want everyone to feel at home, deeply connected to the history of the brand, mixing tradition and innovation through a 360° experience. In this open space, the “Bar Italiano” is a unique place, both café and bar, a tribute to the Italian tradition of the aperitivo, which invites customers to savor the art of conviviality.
Unlike traditional boutiques, the windows do not display any watches. The emphasis here is more on discovery. The moment the customer enters the store, they are welcomed for a personalized and tailor-made experience.
Guests are then directed to one of our 5 sales spaces, designed to offer an intimate experience of the Panerai universe, including a space dedicated to women, decorated with round and soft furniture, the walls of which are covered in resin. variegated blue evoking the kaleidoscopic nuances of the sea. We of course find the emblematic luminescent clock, a fully functional piece which recalls the brand’s common theme: luminescence.
Accentuating the immersive environment of the store, a huge LED wall is deployed on two levels for an enhanced store experience. Every corner, including the restored moldings but also the materials used, has been carefully thought out to pay homage to the spirit of the place. A particularly obvious choice on the staircase. The wood used for its steps echoes existing materials and its custom construction is the result of the work of a French ironworker, based on sketches and plans approved by Panerai. Remarkable detail: a brass “P” discreetly integrated into the structure refers to the emblematic Panerai logo.
Over a long maturation process, which required more than 15 preliminary hand-drawn sketches and the concerted efforts of 10 journeyman ironworkers, specialists in metalworking, all spread over more than two months, the he team was inspired by the monumental railings of 19th century Art Nouveau department stores. This railing, composed of scrolls, double scrolls, stylized foliage and wrought iron arabesques, was made in the purest tradition of French artistic ironwork. This know-how is reflected in a series of delicate finishes enhanced by the beauty of a patina, which translate this illustrious past into a tangible experience. By taking the staircase, visitors will discover frames showcasing representations of old watchmaking patents and period Panerai advertisements.
Casa Panerai Paris also consists of a historical part on the first floor, dedicated to the presentation of the House’s most emblematic collection pieces. This marriage of classic and modern elements continues on the different levels of the store. The ground floor was covered with parquet flooring adopting the same aesthetic vocabulary as the original floor on the upper level. Two fireplaces have also been restored and fitted with carefully selected furniture, manufactured by major Italian houses.
“We sought to combine the typical architectural elements of this historic city with Panerai’s signature design DNA. We wanted to create harmony between the boutique’s antique adornments, Panerai’s heritage and modern aesthetics. Every detail, from the meticulously restored moldings to the grand staircase specially created for the boutique, embodies this assertive union between past and present,” concludes Alvaro Maggini, artistic director.Alvaro Maggini, artistic director.
The Radiomir Annual Calendar PAM01364 is a boutique exclusive.
A green sunray satin dial for a sophisticated complication
With its sublime green dial, the PAM01364 joins the Radiomir Annual Calendar collection. This new reference to high-end complications pays homage to the opening of Casa Panerai in Paris, at 120 avenue des Champs-Élysées, a historic event for the brand, which installed its first two flagship boutiques in New York and Milan. . The seconds, the minutes, the hours, the days and, now, the months of the year: each of these complex time elements forms the new precious Panerai movement, developed especially for the Radiomir collection.
Although the annual calendar is a particularly sophisticated complication, the Maison has always been known for developing calibers offering perfect and immediate readability. Designed to clearly display all the necessary information, the dial has date and day windows at 3 o’clock. The month is indicated by a fixed arrow located at 3 o’clock and oriented towards an external movable disk. Each time the month changes, a movement cam allows the disc to rotate suddenly and thus adjust the information instantly.
This mechanism differentiates between months of 30 days and months of 31 days. Only one adjustment per year is necessary, at the end of February. After setting the month and date, a corrector placed on the left side of the case allows you to change the day click by click, further emphasizing the optimal readability and functionality of this watch. Powered by the automatic caliber P.9010/AC, the annual calendar embodies Panerai’s identity in the design of unparalleled complications thanks to their Italian style and Swiss watchmaking know-how. An openwork sapphire crystal case back reveals a fascinating complication while the sandwich dial presents the House’s signature codes: the months, days and the name of the complication, Calendario Annuale, are inscribed in Italian.
The iconic details of the Radiomir shape its design, its 45 mm cushion-shaped case, its signature gradient sunburst satin-finished sandwich dial coated with Super-LumiNova® and its conical crown. The PAM01364 features a sunburst satin gradient green dial, a hand-dyed matte dark brown alligator strap and a 45mm Panerai PlatinumtechTM case, which aims to preserve the intense luster of platinum while still making it making it harder and more scratch resistant than traditional platinum. This watch features the white gold BDR folding clasp – matching the case – for greater comfort, greater security and an elegant finishing touch that protects the complication. A complication as remarkable as the heritage it embodies, the annual calendar appeals to connoisseurs concerned with the smallest details as well as watchmaking enthusiasts who wish to keep track of time and appreciate both aesthetics and authenticity.
La Radiomir Annual Calendar PAM01364
- Movement: Mechanical with automatic winding, caliber P.9010/AC, 16 lines, 7.90 mm thick, 40 jewels, 28,800 vibrations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Two barrels. 316 components.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, annual calendar.
- Power reserve: 3 days.
- Case: 45 mm in polished Panerai PlatinumtechTM, bezel in polished PlatinumtechTM. Transparent sapphire crystal and PlatinumtechTM back. Sapphire crystal.
- Dial: Satin sunburst green with luminescent Arabic numerals and indexes. Day and date at 3 o’clock and small seconds at 9 o’clock. Month indicator on the flange.
- Strap: Dark brown alligator, STD, 27/22, BDR. Polished white gold buckle.
- Waterproofing: 10 bar (~100 meters).
- Price: €59,000
Information: The Super-LumiNova® and Incabloc® brands do not belong to Officine Panerai.
A company founded in 1860 in Florence and bringing together a workshop, a boutique and subsequently a watchmaking school, Panerai was for decades the supplier of precision instruments to the Italian Military Navy, with which it first equipped the frogman commandos.
The projects that emerged during this period, including the Luminor and Radiomir watches, remained for years covered by military secrecy, until the brand’s acquisition in 1997 by the Richemont Group and its subsequent launch on the international market .
Today, Panerai develops and produces its own movements and watches – at the crossroads of Italian design and Swiss watchmaking know-how – in its factory in Neuchâtel. Panerai watches are sold worldwide through an exclusive network of authorized dealers, as well as in its mono-brand boutiques around the world.
- www.facebook.com/pan e raiofficial
Photo credits: PANERAI .
Inauguration photo credits: © Jean-Luc Ruffinel – AMILCAR MAGAZINE.
EDITOR’S FAVORITE :
AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP
Selection by: Rachel Joulia-Helou, editor-in-chief of AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP.
AMILCAR MAGAZINE to discover on Linktr.ee: https://linktr.ee/amilcarmagazine
- Rachel Joulia-Helou, editor-in-chief of AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP.
- Alexandre Joulia, photographer and deputy editor of AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP.
More information about AMILCAR USA – AMILCAR CANADA – AMILCAR UK MAGAZINE:
- Rachel Joulia-Helou: Editor-in-chief of GROUPE MAGAZINE AMILCAR.
- Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
- Alena Odegova: Public Relations Manager AMILCAR CANADA MAGAZINE
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
- Official photographer Marushka Mikulas: https://www.instagram.com/marushka.me/
AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP:
- AMILCAR MAGAZINE GROUP: https://amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR MAGAZINE: https://news.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR UK MAGAZINE: https://uk.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR CANADA MAGAZINE: https://canada.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR USA MAGAZINE: https://usa.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR CORSICA MAGAZINE: https://corsica.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR LUXURY SELECTIONS: https://luxuryselections.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR SEASIDE MAGAZINE: https://seaside.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR STYLE & BEAUTY MAGAZINE: https://styleandbeauty.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR FASHION MAGAZINE: https://fashion.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR MEN’S MAGAZINE: https://mens.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR MOTORS MAGAZINE: https://motors.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR GOURMET: https://gourmet.amilcarmagazine.com
- AMILCAR DESIGN MAGAZINE: https://design.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR BUSINESS: https://business.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR KIDS MAGAZINE: https://kids.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR WATCHES MAGAZINE: https://watches.amilcarmagazine.com/
- AMILCAR CHRONOS MAGAZINE: https://amilcarchronos.com
- AMILCAR TRAVEL MAGAZINE: https://amilcartravelclub.com
- AMILCAR STYLE MAGAZINE: https://amilcarstyle.com/
- AMILCAR BEAUTY MAGAZINE: https://beauty.amilcarstyle.com
- BY RACKEL SELECTIONS: https://byrackel.com/
- THE RIGHT NUMBER MAGAZINE: https://therightnumbermagazine.com
AMILCAR MAGAZINE & THE RIGHT MAGAZINE ISSUE:
- Subscription on Viapresse: click here
- Fnac subscription: click here
- Subscription on Cdiscount: click here
AMILCAR CLUB GROUP:
- AMILCAR TRAVEL travel website: https://amilcartravelclub.tripplanet.com
- Concierge & Luxury Shopping: https://clubamilcar.fr/
- Shopping & Limited Edition: https://amilcarconceptstore.com/
- Offer an AMILCAR SHOP gift card: click here
- PR AGENCY: https://www.agence-mediane.com
- INTERNATIONAL PR AGENCY: https://www.international.agence-mediane.com/
- TALENT AGENCY: https://talentagency.agence-mediane.com/
Discover our brands in the windows of the Club Amilcar on B Signature Group :
- Hotel Bel Ami 5 stars – 5 star hotel : 7 Rue Saint-Benoît, 75006 Paris – https://www.hotelbelami-paris.com/fr/
- Hotel Montalembert 5 stars – 5 star hotel : 3 rue Montalembert 75007 Paris – https://www.hotelmontalembert-paris.com/
Discover our members in the windows of the Melià Paris Opéra hotel: Hôtel Paris Opéra Affiliated by Melia :
Address in Paris: 3 Bd Montmartre, 75002 Paris – click here